Friday, December 30, 2016

Wool, by Hugh Howey

I only made it to through three of the five Wool books. I liked the first one because there was the big mystery of the silo and the character was interesting. And then the main character was killed off! It was tough to start over again with book two getting to know a new character and I didn't like her as much as the first one.  This book is a good example of why you shouldn't have the reader invest time getting to know a character only to kill them off in the middle of the book.

But I stopped reading the series because it got boring. Once the mystery of the silo was revealed, I just didn't care what happened any more. The characters weren't compelling enough. Perhaps if they were more proactive. Or if we knew more of their backstory so we knew what motivated them.

No comments:

Post a Comment