Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ender's Game, by Orsen Scott Card

This is the second time I read this book because my son is reading it in school.  I probably enjoyed it more the second time than the first, but missed the surprise ending from the first time around.  The first time I was put off by the strange world of the future where people had lost their freedom and the world was run by the military.  The second time through, I understood more about the bugger threat so I wasn't as put off.

Overall, the book could have been more tightly plotted.  The brother and sister of Ender writing their political views was more of a distraction and only contributed to the end of the book and not to the main plot of Ender's journey.

My son's review (age 11) was:  Not the best book, but OK.  I can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment