Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Afraid, by Jack Kilborn

This book was written by J. A. Konrath who wrote Origin and The List which I really enjoyed. Konrath published Afraid under the Kilborn pen-name because it is in the horror genre instead of the thriller one. Unfortunately, I was put off by the gratuitous gore, torture and evil in Afraid, and I didn't like it. The story was fairly interesting: a group of government-created super-human soldiers is dropped into a small Wisconsin town to hunt down a man, and they leave chaos and death in the wake of their search. But every twenty pages or so the story would turn to excessive violence with detailed descriptions and it was hard to get through these passages.

I think I'll just stick to the Konrath thrillers from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment