Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Dark Tower I, by Stephen King

I just don't like the fantasy genre.  I couldn't get through The Hobbit, I  didn't get into Wizard's First Rule, and I didn't like The Dark Tower.  My problem is that I can't put the characters and actions into context when they inhabit a world created by the author.

In The Dark Tower, the gunslinger is following The Man in Black and questing for the Dark Tower.  Why?  It's not explained.  Where did the Man in Black come from?  No answer.  The book does give all sorts of details on the gunslinger's past and how he became what he is, but it's some crazy other-world that doesn't makes sense and just raises more questions than it answers.

Some people just love the Fantasy genre, but I still don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment